C-41 Developing – A journey
At home film development has always been a passion of mine. I’ve done plenty of black and white developing in the past, but color developing has always scared me. I always viewed it as some unattainable thing.
I will be documenting this endeavor in multiple stages:
- Initial research
- darkroom setup
- chemical mixing
- first roll of film developed
- high resolution scans and final thoughts
I started by ordering a 1L kit of c41 chems. Along with some beakers, a long thermometer, and a few light tight containers. Research into developing was a fairly straight forward process. Every blog post and website stated:
- Mix the chemicals at the proper temp and in the proper order
- store in light right containers
- Replenish chemicals when you notice less than ideal developing outcomes.